Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kriya Meditation

The word "kriya" means to purify, clean, or clarify. Kriya Meditation forces us to be with our experience in the present moment while visualizing the expression of our experiences into a symbolic construction within the energetic body. In an effort to heal, these energetic centers are visualized leaving the body for a time while the body is "left empty". Upon return of these experiences, we accept our experience back into our bodies as a healed constitution of our existential selves.

What experiences seemed vivid, strong, intense, dull, weak, troubled? Was there a resolution? Did you find it a difficult process to stay focused or did you find yourself in another state of consciousness? Where/when did your mind begin to drift and do you think this significant? Where/when did you feel completely present and what is the significance here?

Since I had to make up a class, I had to do Kriya Meditation twice, and I had different experiences with both of them. When I did it on Wednesday, I really liked it. I think I might have just been in a good mood because of yoga and I had actually gotten eight hours of sleep, but for the rest of the day, I just felt great. My mind didn't wander as much as it usually does and I was able to listen to Anita's voice and the visualizations she made for us.

No comments: