"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
- Henry David Thoreau
What part of walking meditation did you enjoy? What was challenging? Is this something you think you will be able to use in the future?
- Henry David Thoreau
What part of walking meditation did you enjoy? What was challenging? Is this something you think you will be able to use in the future?
I really loved walking meditation. I absolutely love being outdoors, and I really enjoyed being able to do the class at the Botanical Gardens. I think that being outside is meditative enough just by being able to enjoy the fresh air, but I loved being able to walk around and enjoy all of the beautiful nature and just kind of escape from the hustle and bustle of a normal day in class. The only thing that was really challenging was turning in and only focusing on breathing and enjoying the scenery with all the loud, little kids running around. It really helped though by putting my fingers up to my ears to block sound, and then just listen to my breath. I also kind of did a rhythm with my breathing and walking: inhale for four steps, then exhale for four steps. This method really helped me to just focus and let go of my stress. I really hope to use this in the future just by maybe taking a short little walk in the evening or something when I'm getting stressed.

No comments:
Post a Comment