"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." ~Einstein
What is the most important thing to do?
Who are the best people to work with?
When is the best time to do things?
How difficult is it to be in the present? What are your personal challenges? Reflect on your time. Have you found meditation in the small things yet? Have you found time to do the things on your bliss list? What does it mean to waste your time?
I find it very difficult to be in the present. My mind it constantly wandering, whether I am thinking about school stuff that I have to get done, what plans I have for the weekend, or what I might eat for dinner that night. I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) so that doesn't help matters. I take medication for it, and it helps as far as getting work done, but when it comes to thinking about NOTHING, then it doesn't help. Focusing on my breathing and on the pleasant music that we listen to really helps though.
I can't say that I am good at finding meditation in the small things. Doing dishes, for example...although I don't mind doing dishes, I can't say that it's fun or that I enjoy doing it. I enjoy having clean dishes and a clean kitchen, but I don't exactly like spending time doing them. I have been trying, however, to not dread it, or dread cleaning in general. Hopefully I will get better at this as time goes on.
My Bliss List includes:
- Work out
- Get to sleep earlier
- Don't procrastinate
- Stress less (Don't freak out!)
- Have a more positive outlook (even in the smallest things)
I find it a bit hard to do these things on my bliss list, at least lately anyway. I haven't been working out lately because, for one thing, I've had a lot to do and haven't found the time. Also, I used to be in really good shape and could work out for a couple of hours no big deal. But because of various things going on with life, I haven't found the time to do it, so I have gotten out of shape. When I do randomly work out, it's really hard for me because I'm used to working out a lot without a problem, and it just makes me really mad when I can't workout like I used to. Getting to sleep earlier is hard for me too. Sometimes I just have a lot of work to do and can't go to sleep until it's all finished. Other times I might get IN the bed at 10 pm, but I'll watch tv until midnight. Procrastinating....ohhh how I procrastinate. I always think, "Oh, I'll do that later," and then I wind up doing things at the last minute trying to hurry and wind up losing sleep over it. This is how I waste the most time. Most of the time, it has to do with the computer. For some reason, I can be on the computer and think I'm just going to check one thing for about 10 minutes, and I'll wind up being on there for a couple of hours! This also, of course, contributes to my stressing out so much. I really don't mean to stress so much. A lot of the times it's just about school; I freak out even when my grades and everything are perfectly fine. As far as being positive goes, I am a pretty positive person (most of the time). But there are definitely those times when I might have a lot going on and be really stressed out when I just have those moments when I think "everything sucks". I just have to remember my favorite saying and stick with that: HAKUNA MATATA!

No comments:
Post a Comment